When you receive your Alfa ovens, you'll need to assemble it and then install it in a suitable position.
Assembling your oven is quick and easy. We have two instructional videos: one for our 1 Pizza, 2 Pizze, 3 Pizze and 5 Minuti ovens, all of which come in cardboard packaging, and one for our 4 Pizze and 5 Pizze ovens, which arrive in wooden packaging. The same instructions apply to both wood-fired and gas-fired models.
When installing your Alfa oven, there are a few golden rules that you'll need to follow:
- The outer sides of the oven can reach temperatures above 50°C, so it's important that you choose a location where there are no flammable materials or anything that might be damaged by the heat within a 1-metre radius of the oven.
- Locate the oven at a minimum distance of 20cm from any walls or other equipment.
- There should be a minimum clearance of 50cm around the flue and 1m above the top of the oven. One of the major causes of vent-related fires is a failure to maintain the required clearance to combustible materials such as overhanging branches.
- Make sure the location is sheltered from the wind.
- Place the oven on a flat, stable surface to prevent the risk of personal injury and property damage. Adjust the oven's feet to hold it steady.
- If you're installing the oven on a table or another fireproof surface, make sure it has enough load-bearing capacity. Refer to the product data sheet attached to the instructional manual to find the weight of your oven.
- To move the oven more easily, remove the bricks inside the combustion chamber.
Venting through an overhead structure
If you have chosen a location that will require you to vent the oven by penetrating through a barrier overhead, such as a roof structure, pergola or terrace, the single-walled pipe provided with the oven will not be sufficient. It is important that you consult with a specialist outdoor kitchen installer to identify the necessary size and grade of pipes and chimneys. For advice on who to consult with in your area, please contact the Alfa customer services team on firstname.lastname@example.org.